FORMAT & RULES
One-on-One Doubles Tennis is the first alternative, competitive format to singles and doubles since the inception of the game in the 1870s. One-On-One Doubles Tennis is the crosscourt serve-and-volley Singles game including the doubles alley. Players are required to serve-and-volley on both serves or there is a loss of point; Half volleys are allowed. All players are awarded TWO POINTS for winning volleys and overheads — hit in the air — that the opponent cannot touch or reach.
One-on-One Doubles Tennis can be played in a half day tournament format. One-on-One Doubles Tennis is strictly a crosscourt competition with new game dimensions. There is a divisible line drawn through the middle of the court from the center service line to the middle of the baseline. On clay, one can use a regular court liner to make this divisible line through the middle. On hard courts, one can use chalk or white hockey or trainer’s tape to line the middle boundary.
One-on-One Doubles Tennis is a very competitive game designed for advanced club play, junior tennis, college tennis, senior tennis, and professional tennis.
• Advertise your business to a worldwide tennis and sports audience
• Showcase the exciting style of serve-and-volley tennis for all to experience
• Network with the tennis industry, tennis club players and college tennis programs
• Be part of a unique brand of tennis with live music entertainment
• Publicize your company’s mission to a worldwide tennis audience
• Advance the development of today’s junior tennis players